Join Jess Chadwick for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge, part of Learn ASP.NET Core MVC: The Basics.
- [Instructor] Now that I've shown you how…to use Razor to render dynamic content…in your site, it's time for a challenge.…Notice how our new blog page has the Monthly Specials…section on the left just like every other page?…Well, our creative director just said…that our blog page looks too busy…and he's asked us to define two different layouts…for the site, one with the left hand section,…and one without it, so here's your challenge,…extend the solution we've been working on.…Create another layout that does not display…this left hand section at all.…
Not only that, pages that use this new layout…shouldn't even have the option to define content…on the left hand side, which means…that the optional section approach…that I showed earlier won't work for this scenario.…Also we should still be able to make changes…to things like the main menu and the footer…in the main layout that we have right now…and have those changes shown throughout the site…without having to modify it in multiple places.…That means you're not allowed to just copy and paste…
- Building blocks of ASP.NET Core applications
- Creating a new project
- Responding to HTTP requests
- Serving static files
- Understanding the MVC pattern
- Handling requests with controllers
- Rendering HTML with Razor
- Rendering data, view markup, and view logic
- Creating HTML forms
- Validating form data
- Reading and writing from a database with Entity Framework
- Improving the user experience
- Exposing data with a web API
- Securing your ASP.NET application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Basics
2. The Model-View-Controller (MVC) Pattern
Understand routing4m 24s
3. Render HTML with Views
4. Work with Data
5. Improve User Experience with Ajax and Web APIs
6. Secure Your Application
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.