Join Jess Chadwick for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding custom handlers beyond GET and POST, part of ASP.NET Core: Razor Pages.
- [Instructor] In additional to being able to handle…GET and POST verbs with the OnGet…and OnPost handler methods that I've already shown…Razor Pages also allows you to define…your own custom handlers as well.…And you do so by following a simple naming convention.…Just name a method OnGet or OnPost…followed by the name of your handler.…For example if I wanted to implement…the ability to delete a recipe…in addition to creating and editing it…I can add another method named OnPostDelete…with the same asynchronous signature…as the OnPost method that I've already created.…
Once I've created this method…I can execute code just like I've already shown…in the existing OnGet and OnPost methods.…This time instead of retrieving…the recipe from the database…and modifying it, though,…I'll simply make an asynchronous call to the…recipeService.DeleteAsync method…and pass it the value of the Id property…as the id of the recipe to delete.…
Then, once the delete has completed,…I'll make a call to the page models redirect page…to redirect to the homepage.…
- Creating a new application
- Setting up pages
- Rendering dynamic content
- Reusing markup with layouts
- Increasing the maintainability of pages
- Processing data
- Validating input
- Securing an application
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying ASP.NET Core Applicationswith Nate Barbettini57m 57s Intermediate
Building Web APIs with ASP.NET Corewith Chris Woodruff1h 7m Intermediate
ASP.NET Core: Test-Driven Developmentwith Richard Rout37m 30s Intermediate
1. Razor Pages Intro
What is Razor Pages?3m 5s
2. Razor Pages Basics
3. Reusing Markup with Layouts
4. Building Maintainable Applications
5. Working with Data
6. Validating User Inputs and Securing Your Application from Unauthorized Users
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.