ASP.NET Core 1.1 introduced WebSocket support. In this video, learn how to enable web sockets in ASP.NET Core and explore a simple chat or echo program.
- [Instructor] WebSocket Support was added in 1.1…and this enables working directly with a socket connection.…It requires the Microsoft.AspNetCore.WebSockets package…and there are three main steps to use this.…First configure the middleware.…Then listen for and accept WebSocketRequests…and then send and receive messages.…Now SignalR is a much more powerful framework,…but it does not work with ASP.NET Core 1.0, 1.1, or 2.0.…
Support for SignalR has been added into ASP.NET Core 2.1.…Let's look at the sample application.…Here in my configure method,…I've added the package already.…On line 115, I say use WebSockets…and then line 116 to 135 sets up the listener.…And anything that comes in on the request path of slash WS…will then be processed by this method echo.…
I've also added in use file server…because the sample to drive the WebSocket…is a straight up HTML file.…If we look at the echo method…it is just processing the WebSocket…and then we look at our socket tester…and this is straight from ASP.NET documentation sample.…
- Running and debugging ASP.NET Core applications
- Pros and cons of migrating existing applications to ASP.NET Core.
- Built-in dependency injection
- Environment awareness and app configuration
- Web host configuration and SSL
- View components invoked as tag helpers
- Configuration and logging
- Using Razor Pages
- Web API improvements
- Support for creating GDPR-compliant applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Entity Framework Core Essential Training: 1with Phil Japikse3h 20m Intermediate
Use the exercise files3m 37s
1. Get to Know .NET Core
2. ASP.NET Core 1.0
3. ASP.NET Core 1.1
4. ASP.NET Core 2.0
5. ASP.NET Core 2.1
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.