The CreateDefaultBuilder method adds a significant amount of convenience. In this video, learn what that method does and set the stage for customization of the process, which is used through the rest of this chapter.
- Another new feature in 2.0 is the…CreateDefaultBuilder method off of the WebHost.…And this encapsulates the most common…tasks that you will do when you create a new project.…It configures Kestrel and IISIntegration,…it sets the content root directory,…and it loads all the common configuration options,…including the app settings, the appsettings.environmentname…file, user secrets, if you're in development,…environment variables, and the command-line arguments.…
It also configures logging for console and debug…using filtering rules from appsettings.…Now that is new in the startup and…we'll talk about that in the next section.…You can add additional configuration logging providers…and servers, and you can also execute Configure and…ConfigureServices directly from the WebHostBuilder…without having to use a startup class.…So that last one of executing Configure, and…ConfigureServices are brand new and they don't replace the…startup class, they augment it.…
So let's see how this works in code.…When you create a new 2.0 asp.net project,…
- Running and debugging ASP.NET Core applications
- Pros and cons of migrating existing applications to ASP.NET Core.
- Built-in dependency injection
- Environment awareness and app configuration
- Web host configuration and SSL
- View components invoked as tag helpers
- Configuration and logging
- Using Razor Pages
- Web API improvements
- Support for creating GDPR-compliant applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Entity Framework Core Essential Training: 1with Phil Japikse3h 20m Intermediate
Use the exercise files3m 37s
1. Get to Know .NET Core
2. ASP.NET Core 1.0
3. ASP.NET Core 1.1
4. ASP.NET Core 2.0
5. ASP.NET Core 2.1
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.