When building RESTful web services, the APIController attribute improves the development experience when building services.
- [Instructor] The new ApiController Attribute…when combined with ControllerBase enables…REST specific behaviors in your applications.…Your actions can now return an automatic Bad Request…status code, when there is a problem with the ModelState,…such as validation errors or type conversion.…And the response is customizable…with InvalidModelStateResponseFactory.…The Action Methods have also become smarter,…being able to infer Multipart/form-data requests,…as well as many binding source parmaters.…
The binding sources can be inferred…based on a series of rules.…Complex types, and you can only have one per action,…will be inferred as FormBody.…IFormFile and IFormFileCollection…will be inferred as FromForm.…Any values matching the route parameters…will be inferred as FromRoute.…And then, FromQuery will be inferred for all others.…You can disable specific features of the ApiController…by using the ApiBehavior Options in ConfigureServices.…
In order to use the ApiController,…you must have a compatibility of 2.1 or higher…
- Running and debugging ASP.NET Core applications
- Pros and cons of migrating existing applications to ASP.NET Core.
- Built-in dependency injection
- Environment awareness and app configuration
- Web host configuration and SSL
- View components invoked as tag helpers
- Configuration and logging
- Using Razor Pages
- Web API improvements
- Support for creating GDPR-compliant applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Entity Framework Core Essential Training: 1with Phil Japikse3h 20m Intermediate
Use the exercise files3m 37s
1. Get to Know .NET Core
2. ASP.NET Core 1.0
3. ASP.NET Core 1.1
4. ASP.NET Core 2.0
5. ASP.NET Core 2.1
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.