View components can now be invoked as Tag Helpers.
- [Instructor] While view components themselves…didn't change in 1.1,…what changes they can now be invoked as a tag helper.…To do this, they must be registered in ViewImports.cshtml,…and it's the same way we registered the custom tag helpers.…So you add the line, addTagHelper*…for all of the view components that it finds…and then the assemblyname.…When you invoke them as a tag helper,…Pascal-cased names are changed to lower-kebab-case.…
So for example, our view component…is named categories-as-menus view component.…When you lower-kebab that as if it was on a shish kebab,…it becomes, as what you see on your screen,…categories-as-menus, dropping the view component suffix.…And then the tags themselves start with vc.…So we go back into our code.…Our view component itself hasn't changed.…There's the name, CategoriesAsMenusViewComponent.…
We look at the ViewImports.…Here on line 7, we have the addTagHelper.…We actually added this again for the custom tag helper…we wrote, but this same line is used…to register the view components.…
- Running and debugging ASP.NET Core applications
- Pros and cons of migrating existing applications to ASP.NET Core.
- Built-in dependency injection
- Environment awareness and app configuration
- Web host configuration and SSL
- View components invoked as tag helpers
- Configuration and logging
- Using Razor Pages
- Web API improvements
- Support for creating GDPR-compliant applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Entity Framework Core Essential Training: 1with Phil Japikse3h 20m Intermediate
Use the exercise files3m 37s
1. Get to Know .NET Core
2. ASP.NET Core 1.0
3. ASP.NET Core 1.1
4. ASP.NET Core 2.0
5. ASP.NET Core 2.1
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.