Tag Helpers are a brand new feature in ASP.NET Core that greatly enhances front-end development by keeping the developers "in the HTML." In this video, learn about the built-in tag helpers as well as creating custom tag helpers.
- [Instructor] Tag helpers are a brand new…feature in ASP.NET Core.…They enable server-side code to participate in rendering…HTML elements in Razor views, and they definitely reduce…the transition between code and markup.…Instead of having to understand how the HTML helpers work,…designers don't really understand creating anonymous objects…and using those for CSS class names…or other HTML attributes.…They really just want to write HTML.…
They're fully supported with IntelliSense,…and they are used by attaching to HTML elements in views.…You could also create custom tag helpers…to cut down on repeated code.…Let's start with the form tag helper,…probably the most involved, and there are several tags.…All of the tags in ASP.NET Core tag helpers start with asp-…so you just start with a normal form tag in HTML…and then you can add the area, the controller, the action.…
You can optionally add in asp-antiforgery.…It's true by default, but you could turn it off if you have…a reason to, but I'm not sure what that reason would be.…
- Running and debugging ASP.NET Core applications
- Pros and cons of migrating existing applications to ASP.NET Core.
- Built-in dependency injection
- Environment awareness and app configuration
- Web host configuration and SSL
- View components invoked as tag helpers
- Configuration and logging
- Using Razor Pages
- Web API improvements
- Support for creating GDPR-compliant applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Entity Framework Core Essential Training: 1with Phil Japikse3h 20m Intermediate
Use the exercise files3m 37s
1. Get to Know .NET Core
2. ASP.NET Core 1.0
3. ASP.NET Core 1.1
4. ASP.NET Core 2.0
5. ASP.NET Core 2.1
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.