Learn how to authenticate users in ASP.NET Core. See how to set up the .NET Core Identity system, use external login providers, and implement a cookie-based authentication system.
- .NET Core is is a general purpose programming platform that use can use to build almost anything, from desktop to web, clod, mobile, and even gaming. You do it all with the help of the .Net Core, but all these apps need to have a stable authentication system and with the .Net Core, this is easier than you may think. ASP .Net Core identity system is a membership system that adds all the necessary features to your ASP .Net Core apps. It also supports external login providers including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and more. And last but not least, you can create your very own authentication system on top of .Net Core. During this course, we will learn how to set up the .Net Core identity system, how to use external login providers, and ever how to implement a cookie-based authentication system to authenticate our users. Hi, I'm Ervis Trupja, and I'm a web developer with a great passion for technology. I invite you to join me on this course to learn about authentication in .Net Core here on LinkedIn learning.
- Differences between authentication and authorization
- Creating a web application with Identity
- Configuring lockout, password, and sign-in settings
- Customizing the Identity model
- Lazy loading
- Authenticating using external provides such as Facebook
- Configuring cookie-based authentication