Razor pages are a new lightweight version of MVC pages. In this video, learn how to use Razor pages.
- [Instructor] Another brand new feature…in ASP.NET Core 2.0 are Razor Pages.…And these are designed for creating page-focused scenarios,…that contain much less overhead,…than traditional MVC views.…They're enabled alongside MVC,…as we've stated many times throughout this course,…it's all one framework,…there isn't a separate framework for Web API,…MVC or webpages.…And the framework that is the ASP.NET Core framework,…looks for Razor Pages in the Pages folder by default.…
So views go in the View folder, controllers, Controllers,…pages, Pages, you see how it goes.…One major difference between Razor Pages and MVC views,…is that Razor Pages have to have an @page directive,…at the top.…And then a Razor Page operates as an action.…The requests don't go through a controller,…they're actually routed,…based on the folder hierarchy under Pages,…and the name of the Razor Page.…
You also have code behind files you can use,…to put C# code in there.…And they support model binding,…Tag Helpers, HTML Helpers, dependency injection,…
- Running and debugging ASP.NET Core applications
- Pros and cons of migrating existing applications to ASP.NET Core.
- Built-in dependency injection
- Environment awareness and app configuration
- Web host configuration and SSL
- View components invoked as tag helpers
- Configuration and logging
- Using Razor Pages
- Web API improvements
- Support for creating GDPR-compliant applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Entity Framework Core Essential Training: 1with Phil Japikse3h 20m Intermediate
Use the exercise files3m 37s
1. Get to Know .NET Core
2. ASP.NET Core 1.0
3. ASP.NET Core 1.1
4. ASP.NET Core 2.0
5. ASP.NET Core 2.1
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.