Introduced in ASP.NET Core 2.0, Razor pages capabilities are expended in ASP.NET Core 2.1. Also introduced are Razor Class Libraries, allowing for sharing of UI code and services between applications.
- [Instructor] There are many improvements to Razor Pages…in ASP.NET Core 2.1.…Razor Pages now have an increased search area…that includes the current pages folder,…the pages/shared folder,…and the views/shared folder.…Razor Pages also now support areas as well.…The biggest change in 2.1…is the introduction of Razor class libraries.…You can create a Razor-based user interface…and then distribute it out as a library…either as an assembly or as a NuGet package.…
This enables you to share your user interface…across multiple projects.…Also, app start time is improved…because all of the code is pre-compiled.…Views and pages are automatically discovered…by the consuming application…and the consuming app can also overwrite…specific views and pages from the library.…Razor class libraries can include Razor views,…Razor pages, controllers, view components,…as well as models both page and data.…
In short, everything you need to build a user interface…you can now include in the library.…To create a Razor class library,…you start with the Razor class library template.…
- Running and debugging ASP.NET Core applications
- Pros and cons of migrating existing applications to ASP.NET Core.
- Built-in dependency injection
- Environment awareness and app configuration
- Web host configuration and SSL
- View components invoked as tag helpers
- Configuration and logging
- Using Razor Pages
- Web API improvements
- Support for creating GDPR-compliant applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Use the exercise files3m 37s
1. Get to Know .NET Core
2. ASP.NET Core 1.0
3. ASP.NET Core 1.1
4. ASP.NET Core 2.0
5. ASP.NET Core 2.1
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.