This section discusses the update .csproj files, editing them within Visual Studio, and managing dependencies.
- [Instructor] As mentioned before, .NET Core initially used…a project.json file…to track references and packages.…But now with 2017 and later versions of .NET Core,…we have moved back to using csproj files,…and this change allows for MSBuild support…and brings .NET Core projects in line…with the rest of the Microsoft ecosystem.…But this is an updated csproj file.…
No longer do you have to have a list…of all the included files.…By default, .NET Core is going to look for…any files in the directory tree of where the csproj file is.…It manages your NuGet package references.…So instead of having a packages.config file,…it is built into the csproj file.…And it also defines the .NET CLI tooling for the project.…And a nice feature that you saw in the last module…is that Visual Studio 2017 has added a Edit the…csproj file context menu…for .NET Core projects.…
So we take a look at the SpyStore project.…Right-click…Edit SpyStore_v10.csproj.…We see the PropertyGroup up here…to .NET Core app 1.0.…Add in C# 7.1.…Here are all of our packages.…
- Running and debugging ASP.NET Core applications
- Pros and cons of migrating existing applications to ASP.NET Core.
- Built-in dependency injection
- Environment awareness and app configuration
- Web host configuration and SSL
- View components invoked as tag helpers
- Configuration and logging
- Using Razor Pages
- Web API improvements
- Support for creating GDPR-compliant applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Entity Framework Core Essential Training: 1with Phil Japikse3h 20m Intermediate
Use the exercise files3m 37s
1. Get to Know .NET Core
2. ASP.NET Core 1.0
3. ASP.NET Core 1.1
4. ASP.NET Core 2.0
5. ASP.NET Core 2.1
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.