Kestrel has additional options, as well as a breaking change if you are using SSL with Kestrel. In this video, explore the changes in Kestrel as well as the changes in how to run SSL with Kestrel. Additionally, learn how to use SSL in Docker.
- [Instructor] There are several changes to Kestrel…in ASP.NET Core 2.0.…And most of them are aimed at making it more suitable…as an internet-facing server.…There are server limits for max client connections,…request body size, and request body data rate.…But there's also a breaking change…if you were using IAS with Kestrel.…It's probably not that big of a deal…because in production you would be using SSL with IAS…or Apache or whatever your true web server is.…
But if you are using SSL with Kestrel…as I showed you in the last chapter,…you can no longer configure Kestrel for HTTPS…the way you used to.…And I will show you how to do it differently now.…The start of the process is the same.…You create your PFX file, copy it to the project.…But instead of creating an X509 certificate,…you add Listen options to the UseKestrel command…and that's where you configure the ports for HTTP and HTTPS.…
And then remember, we have to change the SSLPort…with an MVC if we're not using 443 to default…so that the routing works correctly…
- Running and debugging ASP.NET Core applications
- Pros and cons of migrating existing applications to ASP.NET Core.
- Built-in dependency injection
- Environment awareness and app configuration
- Web host configuration and SSL
- View components invoked as tag helpers
- Configuration and logging
- Using Razor Pages
- Web API improvements
- Support for creating GDPR-compliant applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Use the exercise files3m 37s
1. Get to Know .NET Core
2. ASP.NET Core 1.0
3. ASP.NET Core 1.1
4. ASP.NET Core 2.0
5. ASP.NET Core 2.1
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.