ASP.NET Core 2.1 brings in a host of new features, as well as updates to existing capabilities. It is also the long-term support version, with ASP.NET Core 2.0 support ending in 2018.
- [Instructor] There are a host of improvements…and additions into ASP.NET Core with the release of 2.1.…Library Manager, which is really part of Visual Studio…but it's filling in the void left by the implosion of Bauer.…WebOptimizer which is an open source project…that plugs into the ASP.NET Core 2.1 pipeline,…and it's used for bundling adminification.…The return of SignalR back to ASP.NET.…A host of Web API improvements.…
Razor pages has been updated, plus the addition…of UI class libraries and identity scaffolding.…There are improvements and updates…for building more secure applications,…and these improvements help support the rules…around the General Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR,…and HttpClient can now be used within…the ASP.Net Core dependency injection framework…using the IHttpClientFactory.…
There's big news in regards to support,…ASP.NET Core 2.0 has been end of lifed.…It was changed to the current support cycle…once 2.1 released,…and support for 2.0 ended on 10 October, 2018.…2.1 was added to the LTS,…
- Running and debugging ASP.NET Core applications
- Pros and cons of migrating existing applications to ASP.NET Core.
- Built-in dependency injection
- Environment awareness and app configuration
- Web host configuration and SSL
- View components invoked as tag helpers
- Configuration and logging
- Using Razor Pages
- Web API improvements
- Support for creating GDPR-compliant applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Entity Framework Core Essential Training: 1with Phil Japikse3h 20m Intermediate
Use the exercise files3m 37s
1. Get to Know .NET Core
2. ASP.NET Core 1.0
3. ASP.NET Core 1.1
4. ASP.NET Core 2.0
5. ASP.NET Core 2.1
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.