ASP.NET Core 2 brings a lot of improvements over 1.0 and 1.1, plus additional features. In this video, explore the .NET Core Runtime Store, the .ALL Metapackage, automatic Application Insights, and some of the minor incremental changes from 1.1.
- As you can see from the list,…there are a lot of updates in ASP.NET Core 2.0.…Updated features from 1.0 and 1.1,…as well as plenty of new features.…Grouped under package and runtime updates,…there is now a meta package Microsoft.AspNetCore.All.…That includes all of the ASP.NET Core Entity Framework…their internal and third party dependencies in one package.…
That is metapackage works…with another new feature…which is a .NET Core Runtime Store.…And this contains all of the packages precompiled…from the Asp.NetCore.All metapackage.…So, when you deploy your application,…depending on your deployment method,…if you are doing a portable deploy,…as we discussed in the earlier chapters,…then the packages from the Asp.NetCore.All metapackage…won't even be in your published package…'Cause it'll be coming straight…from the .NET Core Runtime Store.…
If you're doing a self contained install then…they would be in the package.…ASP.NET Core 2.0 also takes advantage of .NET Standard 2.0…which came out with .NET Core 2.0 and they can be referenced…
- Running and debugging ASP.NET Core applications
- Pros and cons of migrating existing applications to ASP.NET Core.
- Built-in dependency injection
- Environment awareness and app configuration
- Web host configuration and SSL
- View components invoked as tag helpers
- Configuration and logging
- Using Razor Pages
- Web API improvements
- Support for creating GDPR-compliant applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Use the exercise files3m 37s
1. Get to Know .NET Core
2. ASP.NET Core 1.0
3. ASP.NET Core 1.1
4. ASP.NET Core 2.0
5. ASP.NET Core 2.1
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.