In this video, learn about new environmental awareness in ASP.NET Core and the updated configuration system.
- [Instructor] Environmental Awareness is…another new feature in ASP.NET Core.…It uses the ASPNETCORE_ENVIRONMENT variable…to determine what environment the application is running in.…There are built in environment variables of development,…staging and production and this value…is used throughout ASP.NET Core.…It helps determines which configuration files to load,…you can run different code based on the environment…using the IHostingEnvironment framework provider…and it's also used by the Environment Tag Helper.…
Now this simplifies deployment and testing.…If I have the environment set to development on my machine…and the configuration for development…and environment loads my local sequel server instance,…then when I move it to staging,…the staging configuration file…can load the staging connection string…and production can load the…production connection string, et cetera.…This greatly simplifies the process…that we used to do in MVC where we would…take the different web config's…and have to use the published process and endless build…
- Running and debugging ASP.NET Core applications
- Pros and cons of migrating existing applications to ASP.NET Core.
- Built-in dependency injection
- Environment awareness and app configuration
- Web host configuration and SSL
- View components invoked as tag helpers
- Configuration and logging
- Using Razor Pages
- Web API improvements
- Support for creating GDPR-compliant applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Entity Framework Core Essential Training: 1with Phil Japikse3h 20m Intermediate
Use the exercise files3m 37s
1. Get to Know .NET Core
2. ASP.NET Core 1.0
3. ASP.NET Core 1.1
4. ASP.NET Core 2.0
5. ASP.NET Core 2.1
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.