Docker support has been in ASP.NET Core since the first release, but it is addressed in this chapter because the support has improved significantly since 1.0. In this video, explore adding Docker support to ASP.NET Core, configuring the service ports and
- [Instructor] Containerization packages all…of your necessary files for your application…into a single container.…And a container is like a virtual machine,…but it is leaner, just having in that container,…the files necessary to run your application.…This simplifies deployment across environments…because you literally just pick the container up…and copy it down the line into the next environment.…Containers act as a standard unit of software,…so we isolate each of our applications…from any other applications by having them be…in their own container.…
There are many different container providers out there,…Docker is one of them.…It's open source, it's also a company…that supports containerization and the Docker platform,…and Docker support is built into Visual Studio 2017,…it can also run on Windows, Azure and Linux.…So to develop ASP.NET applications with Docker,…you have to install Docker.…We covered that in the very first chapter…where we had required software.…
And you need the .NET Core cross-platform…development workload, which we also covered…
- Running and debugging ASP.NET Core applications
- Pros and cons of migrating existing applications to ASP.NET Core.
- Built-in dependency injection
- Environment awareness and app configuration
- Web host configuration and SSL
- View components invoked as tag helpers
- Configuration and logging
- Using Razor Pages
- Web API improvements
- Support for creating GDPR-compliant applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Entity Framework Core Essential Training: 1with Phil Japikse3h 20m Intermediate
Use the exercise files3m 37s
1. Get to Know .NET Core
2. ASP.NET Core 1.0
3. ASP.NET Core 1.1
4. ASP.NET Core 2.0
5. ASP.NET Core 2.1
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.