Azure Key Vault can be used to store your application secrets. ASP.NET Core 1.1 introduces the Azure Key Vault configuration provider to easily access those secrets.
- [Male] The brand new configuration provider…was added in 1.1, and that is the…Azure Key Vault Configuration Provider.…So this is used to load secrets from…Azure Key Vault storage, and it requires the…Microsoft.Extensions.Configuration.AzureKeyVault package.…You must have a Key Vault, and the link…on your screen will show you how to create…a Key Vault and add some secrets.…Then in Azure you have to register…your app with the Azure Active Directory…and generate a client id and secret…and then you add those secrets…to the configuration with the Add Azure Key Vault method.…
So to look at how we do this, we start…in the app settings, where we have the…vault client and client secret,…and these are just example settings right now,…I actually have mine in appsettings.development.…I'm going to not ship those with the code,…because, well, they're my secrets.…The way we use this, is very simply,…we build our configuration, we need those values…from the app settings, so we call builder.build…here on line 48, but we can still add on to that,…
- Running and debugging ASP.NET Core applications
- Pros and cons of migrating existing applications to ASP.NET Core.
- Built-in dependency injection
- Environment awareness and app configuration
- Web host configuration and SSL
- View components invoked as tag helpers
- Configuration and logging
- Using Razor Pages
- Web API improvements
- Support for creating GDPR-compliant applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Use the exercise files3m 37s
1. Get to Know .NET Core
2. ASP.NET Core 1.0
3. ASP.NET Core 1.1
4. ASP.NET Core 2.0
5. ASP.NET Core 2.1
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.