Managing client-side libraries in your project can be time-consuming if done manually. Library Manager, while not directly a feature of ASP.NET Core, works with Visual Studio to bring libraries from cdnjs, unpkg, or even the file system into your project.
- [Instructor] Managing client-side libraries…is an important part of web development.…And there're many frameworks to use for managing client-side…libraries such as Gulp, Grunt, webpack, npm, plus many more.…While these are still supported with ASP.NET Core,…Visual Studio 2017, version 15.8 or greater includes…Library Manager, a lightweight and simple tool…to find and fetch common library files.…Library Manager's also available as a global tool…for command line and continuous integration processes.…
So why would you use Library Manager over the other tools?…Maybe you're not already using an open-source tool.…Library Manager provides complete control over the file…destination, and provides a much smaller footprint…for libraries, since it only loads the files you specify.…Some of the features of Library Manager include the ability…to add specific files and versions from cdnjs,…unpackage, or the filesystem.…As mentioned in the previous slide, Library Manager…gives you complete control over…where your files are placed in your project.…
- Running and debugging ASP.NET Core applications
- Pros and cons of migrating existing applications to ASP.NET Core.
- Built-in dependency injection
- Environment awareness and app configuration
- Web host configuration and SSL
- View components invoked as tag helpers
- Configuration and logging
- Using Razor Pages
- Web API improvements
- Support for creating GDPR-compliant applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Use the exercise files3m 37s
1. Get to Know .NET Core
2. ASP.NET Core 1.0
3. ASP.NET Core 1.1
4. ASP.NET Core 2.0
5. ASP.NET Core 2.1
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.