Bundling and minifying files correctly can improve the performance of your web application. Incorrectly managing the bundles or minified versions can be devastating. Web Optimizer plugs into the ASP.NET Core middleware pipeline to ensure the correct files
- [Narrator] Bundling and Minification is important to…take into consideration for performance reasons.…Bundling combines multiple files into a single file,…reducing the number of server requests to render a webpage.…Minification removes unnecessary characters from code…without altering functionality, reducing the size…of a file requested.…Build process tools bundle and or minify during the…build process, or by executing a specific task.…Files could become out of sync if the task isn't run…when the source files are changed.…
WebOptimizer works differently, by bundling and minifying…as a pipeline task before the files are sent to the browser.…It's configured as an ASP dot NET Core middleware piece,…and doesn't execute until the first request,…so it doesn't hamper load time.…Bundled and minified files are cached, saving disc reads…and improving performance.…The features of WebOptimizer include the ability to minify…all CSS and JS files or only specific files.…
It provides cache busting tag helpers for bundling and…
- Running and debugging ASP.NET Core applications
- Pros and cons of migrating existing applications to ASP.NET Core.
- Built-in dependency injection
- Environment awareness and app configuration
- Web host configuration and SSL
- View components invoked as tag helpers
- Configuration and logging
- Using Razor Pages
- Web API improvements
- Support for creating GDPR-compliant applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Use the exercise files3m 37s
1. Get to Know .NET Core
2. ASP.NET Core 1.0
3. ASP.NET Core 1.1
4. ASP.NET Core 2.0
5. ASP.NET Core 2.1
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.