- Common security vulnerabilities in web apps
- Securing .NET Core apps using the data protection API
- Data protection key storage providers
- Working with ASP.NET Core Identity
- Managing application secrets
- Authentication using IdentityServer
Skill Level Intermediate
- Every time a user visits a web app and enters their credentials or signs off for an account, they trust you with their data. All of that information including their personal data is stored in your app. Malicious users can exploit software vulnerabilities to get access to all of this data. That's why web application security must be a top priority. In this course I'll discuss common vulnerability attacks and how to prevent them in .NET Core apps. Then I'll teach you how to encrypt your data using the data protection API. We'll also look at token based authentication as a way to secure your apps. The benefits of using token based authentication over cookie based authentication, and how to authenticate users using IdentityServer. Hi, I'm Ervis Trupja, and I specialize in building enterprise level ASP.NET Core apps. So join me in my LinkedIn Learning course about ASP.NET Core security.