In this video, explore how to harness the power of ASP.NET Core MVC's built-in validation functionality to ensure that the sort parameters provided by the client are correct.
- [Instructor] When a request comes into the API,…ASP.NET Core MVC will bind any OrderBy parameters…from the query string to the OrderBy property.…Because the sort options model implements…the i-validatable object interface,…MVC will automatically call the validate method.…We can validate the sort terms here,…and let MVC know if the parameters…passed by the client were valid.…To keep the code clean, we'll delegate this…to a new class called SortOptionsProcessor.…
This also needs to be declared as T and TEntity,…and we'll pass in the OrderBy parameter.…Now let's go create SortOptionsProcessor.…We'll create this in the Infrastructure folder.…This will be SortOptionsProcessor of T, comma, TEntity.…This class will hold a private reference…to the OrderBy string array,…and it'll accept that parameter in the constructor.…
First, we'll declare a method…that returns an IEnumerable of a new class called SortTerm,…and we'll call this GetAllTerms.…Before we continue, let's create that SortTerm class.…This will also be in Infrastructure,…
- What is RESTful design?
- Building a new API with ASP.NET Core
- Using HTTP methods
- Returning JSON
- Creating RESTful routing with templates
- Securing RESTful APIs with HTTPS
- Representing resources
- Representing links
- Representing collections
- Sorting and searching collections
- Building forms
- Adding caching to an ASP.NET Core API
- Configuring user authentication and authorization
Skill Level Intermediate
1. REST API Concepts
2. Build a Basic API
3. Versioning and Errors
4. Secure the API
5. Represent Resources
6. Represent Links
7. Represent Collections
Add pagination7m 37s
8. Sorting Collections
9. Searching Collections
10. Forms and Modifying Data
11. Caching and Compression
12. Authentication and Authorization
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.