Learn how to calculate a hash and opt-in to returning the ETag header for specific resources.
- [Instructor] ASP.NET Core doesn't handle the ETag header…out of the box.…However, we can add ETag support…with just a few lines of code.…I've added some helper classes to the Infrastructure…and Filters folder in the exercise files.…You'll need to copy these files into your own project…or simply open the solutions straight…from the exercise files.…Let's add an attribute that we can use…to annotate methods similar to the response cache attribute.…I'll add this to the Infrastructure folder…and call this EtagAttribute.…
For AttributUsage we'll say…that this needs to be used on a method…and you can't use it more than once…on the same method.…This class needs to derive from Attribute…and also from IFilterFactory.…That's an internal ASP.NET Core filter interface.…Let's implement that as a stub.…We'll say IsReusable will return true here…and then in CreateInstance,…we'll do return new EtagHeaderFilter…and we'll need to pull in the filters namespace.…
Let's go back over to the Info Route…in the InfoController and add an ETag here.…
- What is RESTful design?
- Building a new API with ASP.NET Core
- Using HTTP methods
- Returning JSON
- Creating RESTful routing with templates
- Securing RESTful APIs with HTTPS
- Representing resources
- Representing links
- Representing collections
- Sorting and searching collections
- Building forms
- Adding caching to an ASP.NET Core API
- Configuring user authentication and authorization
Skill Level Advanced
1. REST API Concepts
2. Build a Basic API
3. Versioning and Errors
4. Secure the API
5. Represent Resources
6. Represent Links
7. Represent Collections
Add pagination7m 37s
8. Sorting Collections
9. Searching Collections
10. Forms and Modifying Data
11. Caching and Compression
12. Authentication and Authorization
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.