Learn how to build an ASP.NET Core filter to automatically rewrite Link objects as absolute URLs at runtime.
- [Instructor] To generate an absolute URL…for an instance of the Link class,…we need to access an ASP.NET service called IUrlHelper.…This is the object that's available…in Controllers under the Url name.…That's an IUrlHelper.…It's possible to use this object elsewhere…outside of Controllers, but it needs to be given…the proper context in order to work.…Let's write a simple class that can use IUrlHelper…to create an absolute URL.…In the Infrastructure folder I'm gonna create…a new class called LinkRewriter.…
This class will accept or inject an IUrlHelper…which is in the Mvc namespace.…So, we need to inject that in the constructor.…This class will have one public method called Rewrite.…It'll return a Link object which we need…to pull in from the Models namespace.…And it'll accept a Link object as well.…We'll call this one original.…
This method will take a Link object…that has the RouteName and RouteValues properties set…and convert it or rewrite it as a Link object…that has a URL in the Href property.…We'll do a quick sanity check here,…
- What is RESTful design?
- Building a new API with ASP.NET Core
- Using HTTP methods
- Returning JSON
- Creating RESTful routing with templates
- Securing RESTful APIs with HTTPS
- Representing resources
- Representing links
- Representing collections
- Sorting and searching collections
- Building forms
- Adding caching to an ASP.NET Core API
- Configuring user authentication and authorization
Skill Level Intermediate
1. REST API Concepts
2. Build a Basic API
3. Versioning and Errors
4. Secure the API
5. Represent Resources
6. Represent Links
7. Represent Collections
Add pagination7m 37s
8. Sorting Collections
9. Searching Collections
10. Forms and Modifying Data
11. Caching and Compression
12. Authentication and Authorization
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.