Learn how to tie the model classes and the data from the database together in a controller to return data to the client.
- [Instructor] Now that we have model classes…that represent a room in the data base,…the room resource will return to the client,…and also, we have test data in our data base.…Let's pull everything together in a controller.…I'll open up the rooms controller,…and at the top of the class,…I'm going to inject the db context,…so I first need to say declare a variable here…for Hotel Api Db Context, we'll call this context,…then I'll create a constructor for the rooms controller,…which accepts a Hotel Api Db Context, and inject those.…
Now, I'm gonna build a new route, I'll say below this one,…and we'll call this one Get room by Id.…This'll be an async route so we'll say async task.…It'll return a room resource, so we'll say action result,…action result of room, and it's called get room by id,…there we go, this'll take a room id,…I want the route to this to be,…get slash rooms, slash room id,…we're already getting slash rooms…from the controller name itself so all we have to put here…for this attribute is http get,…
- What is RESTful design?
- Building a new API with ASP.NET Core
- Using HTTP methods
- Returning JSON
- Creating RESTful routing with templates
- Securing RESTful APIs with HTTPS
- Representing resources
- Representing links
- Representing collections
- Sorting and searching collections
- Building forms
- Adding caching to an ASP.NET Core API
- Configuring user authentication and authorization
Skill Level Advanced
1. REST API Concepts
2. Build a Basic API
3. Versioning and Errors
4. Secure the API
5. Represent Resources
6. Represent Links
7. Represent Collections
Add pagination7m 37s
8. Sorting Collections
9. Searching Collections
10. Forms and Modifying Data
11. Caching and Compression
12. Authentication and Authorization
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.