Learn how to enforce HTTPS across your entire API with a few lines of code. Explore how the default HTTPS behavior in ASP.NET Core 2.0+ works, and how to lock it down even further.
- [Instructor] ASP.NETCORE 2.0 and later…come with https turned by default.…If you look at launchsettings.json…you'll see hat IIS Express is configured…to listen for http traffic on, in my case,…six, three, seven, nine, eight,…and SSL or https traffic on…four, four, three, five, oh.…These ports are randomized…and they'll be different in your case.…Over in startup.cs…they use https redirection middle ware…is included in the configure method by default.…This means that any clients that try to connect…to the http port,…get a redirect response pointing them at the https port.…
You can see this behavior in Postman…if you send a request to the http port.…The response will get,…actually is just a three, oh, seven…with a location to the https port.…If you don't see this happening in Postman…it might be because you have the setting turned on…automatically follow redirects.…I'd recommend turning this setting off in Postman…'cause it just makes things confusing.…This redirection is a convenient default behavior,…but I'd recommend locking it down further.…
- What is RESTful design?
- Building a new API with ASP.NET Core
- Using HTTP methods
- Returning JSON
- Creating RESTful routing with templates
- Securing RESTful APIs with HTTPS
- Representing resources
- Representing links
- Representing collections
- Sorting and searching collections
- Building forms
- Adding caching to an ASP.NET Core API
- Configuring user authentication and authorization
Skill Level Intermediate
1. REST API Concepts
2. Build a Basic API
3. Versioning and Errors
4. Secure the API
5. Represent Resources
6. Represent Links
7. Represent Collections
Add pagination7m 37s
8. Sorting Collections
9. Searching Collections
10. Forms and Modifying Data
11. Caching and Compression
12. Authentication and Authorization
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.