The configuration pattern in ASP.NET Core makes it easy to load static data from JSON or other configuration sources. Learn how to populate a class with data from configuration.
- [Instructor] You can use the ASP.NET…Core configuration pattern to easily load data…from a configuration file at run time.…This is a useful way to load application…settings or other small bits of information…that don't need to be stored in your database.…ASP.NET Core is already set up…to read the appsettings.json file at startup.…I'll paste in some json elements I copied to my clipboard.…You can find this code in the course exercise files.…You'll notice how these json properties…correspond exactly to the HotelInfo class…I created earlier.…
In the startup class, we can pull this data…out of configuration, and use it…to populate an instance of HotelInfo.…We'll do this in ConfigureServices.…I'll put this at the top, but it could go anywhere…inside of ConfigureServices.…We need to do services.configure, and then…an instance of HotelInfo, or the HotelInfo type.…We'll pull this out of the models name space.…And we'll say that we wantna populate it from…configuration.getsection, and the section of configuration…I just added was called info.…
- What is RESTful design?
- Building a new API with ASP.NET Core
- Using HTTP methods
- Returning JSON
- Creating RESTful routing with templates
- Securing RESTful APIs with HTTPS
- Representing resources
- Representing links
- Representing collections
- Sorting and searching collections
- Building forms
- Adding caching to an ASP.NET Core API
- Configuring user authentication and authorization
Skill Level Intermediate
1. REST API Concepts
2. Build a Basic API
3. Versioning and Errors
4. Secure the API
5. Represent Resources
6. Represent Links
7. Represent Collections
Add pagination7m 37s
8. Sorting Collections
9. Searching Collections
10. Forms and Modifying Data
11. Caching and Compression
12. Authentication and Authorization
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.