In this video, explore the Ion specification for building hypermedia APIs in JSON. Learn how Ion models links between resources, collections, and resource responses.
- [Presenter] ION is a JSON based specification…for hypermedia and RESTful APIs.…It's designed to be intuitive…and have as little ceremony as possible,…so your API responses are clean and easily readable…by both humans and machines.…In ION, links between resources are modeled as JSON objects…with an href property.…Like HTML links,…you can include option attributes that describe the link.…The method attribute specifies…which http verb should be used to interact with the link,…and the rel attribute describes…whether the target represents a self-referential link…or a collection or a form and so on.…
Resources in ION are modeled as plain JSON objects…that include a self-referential link.…This link can either be contained in an element called self,…or implied as part of the resource…if the href property exists on the resource.…ION defines a special type of object called a value object,…which must have a property called value.…One of the uses of the value object…is modeling a collection of resources.…In ION, a collection is a value object…
- What is RESTful design?
- Building a new API with ASP.NET Core
- Using HTTP methods
- Returning JSON
- Creating RESTful routing with templates
- Securing RESTful APIs with HTTPS
- Representing resources
- Representing links
- Representing collections
- Sorting and searching collections
- Building forms
- Adding caching to an ASP.NET Core API
- Configuring user authentication and authorization
Skill Level Advanced
1. REST API Concepts
2. Build a Basic API
3. Versioning and Errors
4. Secure the API
5. Represent Resources
6. Represent Links
7. Represent Collections
Add pagination7m 37s
8. Sorting Collections
9. Searching Collections
10. Forms and Modifying Data
11. Caching and Compression
12. Authentication and Authorization
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.