In this video, learn how to build a user introspection endpoint that will return the details of the current user for an authenticated request.
- [Narrator] Now that the client can get an access token…from the token route, let's add a new end point…that will return the profile of the current user.…This is a common pattern for single page and mobile apps…and it's something that OpenID Connect calls…a user info endpoint.…Another way to pass the users profile down to the app…is by using the OpenID Connect ID token,…but that's beyond the scope of this course.…I'm gonna create a new controller here…called UserinfoController.…
And it'll inherit from ControllerBase, as we always do.…We'll require authorization or authentication…at all times for this controller.…You have to have a valid access token to call it.…And we'll make it an ApiController.…And let's say that the Route is just gonna be /userinfo.…So we'll do /controller.…Okay, this controller is going to need…to talk to the user service…so let's do private readonly IuserService…_userService_…And then in the constructor…we'll grab an IUserService.…
Let's create an action method.…We'll say, this is public async Task(ActionResult).…
- What is RESTful design?
- Building a new API with ASP.NET Core
- Using HTTP methods
- Returning JSON
- Creating RESTful routing with templates
- Securing RESTful APIs with HTTPS
- Representing resources
- Representing links
- Representing collections
- Sorting and searching collections
- Building forms
- Adding caching to an ASP.NET Core API
- Configuring user authentication and authorization
Skill Level Intermediate
1. REST API Concepts
2. Build a Basic API
3. Versioning and Errors
4. Secure the API
5. Represent Resources
6. Represent Links
7. Represent Collections
Add pagination7m 37s
8. Sorting Collections
9. Searching Collections
10. Forms and Modifying Data
11. Caching and Compression
12. Authentication and Authorization
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.