In this video, learn how to create an action method that handles a POST request to the API to create a new resource.
- [Instructor] Before we dive into forms and modifying data,…I should mention that I updated the Exercise Files…with my solution to the challenge I posed…at the end of the previous chapter.…You can find the updated code in the Begin state…of the Exercise Files for this video.…If you've been following along throughout this course,…I recommend opening the solution file…from the Exercise Files and continuing from there,…so we both have the same changes.…Okay, let's build a way for a client to create a booking…for a room in the hotel.…I'll start on the RoomsController.…
This will be a brand new route on the RoomsController…called CreateBookingForRoom.…So it'll be public async Task.…For now, we'll just return an ActionResult.…We'll call it CreateBookingForRoom…and it'll accept a roomId.…The route is here is gonna be an HttpPost…to roomId…/bookings,…which means the full action will be post…/rooms/ some roomId/bookings.…
Let's name this as well, we'll say name equals nameOf…CreateBook...…Book?…BookingForRoom.…There we go, CreateBookingForRoom.…
- What is RESTful design?
- Building a new API with ASP.NET Core
- Using HTTP methods
- Returning JSON
- Creating RESTful routing with templates
- Securing RESTful APIs with HTTPS
- Representing resources
- Representing links
- Representing collections
- Sorting and searching collections
- Building forms
- Adding caching to an ASP.NET Core API
- Configuring user authentication and authorization
Skill Level Advanced
1. REST API Concepts
2. Build a Basic API
3. Versioning and Errors
4. Secure the API
5. Represent Resources
6. Represent Links
7. Represent Collections
Add pagination7m 37s
8. Sorting Collections
9. Searching Collections
10. Forms and Modifying Data
11. Caching and Compression
12. Authentication and Authorization
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.