The basic Web API template includes a number of good defaults for ASP.NET Core MVC, but discover a few tweaks that will save time down the road.
- [Narrator] Before we start writing code,…there are a few configuration changes we can make.…The launchSettings.json file under properties…contains settings that are passed on to IISExpress.…In this file change launch browser under the…IISExpress profile to false.…We'll be using an HTTP client to interact…with the API.…So having Visual Studio launch a browser each…time we run the project just gets in the way.…Next open up Startup.cs file.…This file contains two important methods.…
First, the configure services method is where…you can add any services you need to the ASP.NET Core…Dependency Injection system.…The template is already adding the services needed…for MVC, which is what does routing and controller…logic for ASP.NET Core.…Secondly, the configure method sets up the…application pipeline.…This is where you add the middleware you want to…respond to incoming requests.…A common pattern for configuring services is to…pass some configure options in the configure…services block.…In our case we do wanna change one setting.…
- What is RESTful design?
- Building a new API with ASP.NET Core
- Using HTTP methods
- Returning JSON
- Creating RESTful routing with templates
- Securing RESTful APIs with HTTPS
- Representing resources
- Representing links
- Representing collections
- Sorting and searching collections
- Building forms
- Adding caching to an ASP.NET Core API
- Configuring user authentication and authorization
Skill Level Intermediate
1. REST API Concepts
2. Build a Basic API
3. Versioning and Errors
4. Secure the API
5. Represent Resources
6. Represent Links
7. Represent Collections
Add pagination7m 37s
8. Sorting Collections
9. Searching Collections
10. Forms and Modifying Data
11. Caching and Compression
12. Authentication and Authorization
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.