In this video, learn how to build a sort expression dynamically based on the parameters provided by the client.
- [Instructor] Adding sort to a query with link…is as simple as adding methods like…query.orderby.thenbydescending,…and so on.…Unfortunately, this only works if you know…the sort criteria at compile time.…We need to apply different sort criteria…depending on the query string of the request,…which is a little trickier.…To keep the sort options model light,…we'll delegate this responsibility…to sort options processor as well.…And we'll simply, from this method,…return processor.apply and deletgate this.…
Over in the sort options processor…we'll need to add this apply method…This will be a method that returns…an Iqueryable of TEntity,…and it also takes an IQueryable of TEntity.…It's important to use IQueryable here and not INumerable.…IQueryable contains an expression tree…that can be transformed into…a database query statement like sequel.…By adding to that expression tree,…we can dynamically change the query at runtime.…Inside of the apply method,…first we need to get all the valid terms from the query.…
So we'll call get valid terms and put that into an array.…
- What is RESTful design?
- Building a new API with ASP.NET Core
- Using HTTP methods
- Returning JSON
- Creating RESTful routing with templates
- Securing RESTful APIs with HTTPS
- Representing resources
- Representing links
- Representing collections
- Sorting and searching collections
- Building forms
- Adding caching to an ASP.NET Core API
- Configuring user authentication and authorization
Skill Level Intermediate
1. REST API Concepts
2. Build a Basic API
3. Versioning and Errors
4. Secure the API
5. Represent Resources
6. Represent Links
7. Represent Collections
Add pagination7m 37s
8. Sorting Collections
9. Searching Collections
10. Forms and Modifying Data
11. Caching and Compression
12. Authentication and Authorization
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.