OpenIddict is an open-source OpenID Connect authorization server that adds support for generating tokens in your API. In this video, learn how to install the OpenIddict packages.
- [Instructor] ASP.NET Core identity helps you manage…the user and the role entities in the data base.…And I can also support cookie base authentication.…But it doesn't provide any way for users to get…a token from the server.…There are a number of token authentication packages…that add this functionality to ASP.NET Core applications.…And the one I'll use here is called OpenIddict.…OpenIddict is a lightweight OpenID Connect…authorization server that plugs into ASP.NET Core Identity…and entity framework core.…Although you can use it with other identity systems…and data bases as well.…
It's easy to set up and it supports the token flows…that we need.…The project itself is open source and it's in…the release candidate stage at the time of this recording.…I'll use the NuGet package manager to install it…in my project.…There's a couple packages I need.…If I search for OpenIddict…right now I need to pick the include prerelease check box…'cause it's currently in the release candidate stage.…I'll install the OpenIddict package.…
- What is RESTful design?
- Building a new API with ASP.NET Core
- Using HTTP methods
- Returning JSON
- Creating RESTful routing with templates
- Securing RESTful APIs with HTTPS
- Representing resources
- Representing links
- Representing collections
- Sorting and searching collections
- Building forms
- Adding caching to an ASP.NET Core API
- Configuring user authentication and authorization
Skill Level Intermediate
1. REST API Concepts
2. Build a Basic API
3. Versioning and Errors
4. Secure the API
5. Represent Resources
6. Represent Links
7. Represent Collections
Add pagination7m 37s
8. Sorting Collections
9. Searching Collections
10. Forms and Modifying Data
11. Caching and Compression
12. Authentication and Authorization
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.