Learn to identity the most useful APIs available for your web applications, including services from Google, iOS and Android, Facebook and Twitter, Citrix, and even the US government.
- Hi! I'm Joe Lowery, and I'd like to welcome you to Up and Running with Cloud Service APIs. We'll begin this course with an exploration of the range of cloud service APIs available, and then we'll hone in on device-specific ones, like those for iOS, Android and Windows Phone. We'll also take a look at different strategies for going cross-device. Then, I'll show you how to make the most of social media APIs from the most popular services, including Facebook, Twitter and Flickr.
Next, we'll narrow our focus to examine the corporate options, from Google to General Motors. Finally, we'll see how to leverage publicly accessible data to bring details from the National Census, the weather and even Federal job opportunities, right into your app. Cloud service APIs have the potential to make your app stand out. Let's get to it, in Up and Running with Cloud Service APIs.
- Working with Google Cloud APIs
- Connecting to mobile devices via APIs
- Interfacing with Facebook and managing a Twitter feed
- Utilizing the Google infrastructure in your own apps
- Working with the General Motors API
- Understanding public sector APIs