Join Keith Casey for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the challenges, part of Effective Design of RESTful APIs.
- View Offline
- This course includes several videos called challenges. Challenges are quick activities that give you a hands-on opportunity to practice and master what you're learning. I'll start each challenge by describing your core objectives for the activity. If the challenge involves any sample files, I'll tell you where to find them. I'll also give you a rough estimate of how much time it took me to complete the challenge. When you've completed a challenge, make sure to click the matching solution video. In each solution, I'll show you how I solved the challenge and give you some of my thinking along the way. Again, this is an opportunity for you to master what you've been learning.
I hope you have fun with them.
- The three approaches to adding an API
- Modeling tips
- Creating and grouping API methods
- Mapping activities to verbs and actions
- Validating your API
- Working with HTTP headers and response codes
- Layered systems
- Creating a uniform interface