Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,987 courses, including more Developer and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- The three approaches to adding an API
- Modeling tips
- Creating and grouping API methods
- Mapping activities to verbs and actions
- Validating your API
- Working with HTTP headers and response codes
- Layered systems
- Creating a uniform interface
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi everybody, I'm Keith Casey and this is Effective Design of RESTful APIs. We'll start with a simple overview of what it takes to add an effective API. Then, we'll move on to defining who will benefit from your API and what they will hope to accomplish with it. Next, we'll paper test our API to make sure it makes sense. Once we have our API modeled, will dive into the HTTP concepts and rest constraints that help determine our design. Finally, we'll learn how a good API is like a Choose Your Own Adventure book as we talk about link relations and explore an API without the documentation.
So, let's get down to business and design some effective APIs.