Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before taking this course, part of Fundamentals of Software Version Control.
- View Offline
In order to make the most of this course, you should already know four key things: how to install applications, how to run applications on the command line, how to run applications using the Windows Desktop, and how to edit text files. With those four key skills, you'll be able to start using Software Version Control to automatically track your creative output.
- Comparing centralized vs. distributed systems
- Saving changes and tracking history
- Using revert or rollback
- Working with the GUI tools
- Using IDE and shell integration
- Installing different systems
- Creating a repository
- Tagging code
- Branching and merging code
- Selecting a software version control system that's right for you