AIR for Flash Developers (2008)
Rich internet applications become more popular and powerful every year, but they have been limited to what can be done from within a web browser. Adobe AIR allows web developers to leverage their Flash, Flex, HTML, and AJAX skills to create multi-platform desktop applications. In AIR for Flash Developers, David Tucker uses Flash CS3 Professional to create several AIR applications, exploring the workflow and features of the AIR extension and runtime along the way. He discusses how to integrate with an operating system; how to incorporate HTML and PDFs; how to use the local SQLite database for information; how to package, distribute, and update AIR applications; and much more. Example files accompany the course.
Note: This course will be most valuable to those who are familiar with ActionScript 3.0 and XML within Flash CS3 Professional.
- Exchanging data with the Clipboard
- Supporting drag-and-drop functionality
- Performing file system actions
- Managing multiple native windows
- Using application, window, and context menus
- Monitoring network connections
- Synchronizing online and offline data
- [Voiceover] Welcome. I'm really glad you're here for this series, and whether you're just curious about AIR or if you've already built an application, I really believe you can get a lot out of this series. AIR provides so much new functionality for Flash developers, and I'm really excited to see the kind of applications that will be coming out over the next year. Now you may be wondering how am I connected with AIR. Well I'm an AIR, Flash, and Flex developer from Savannah, Georgia, and I've been working with AIR since its early days when it was still called Apollo. I'm also a writer at insideria.com, where I blog about AIR and its effect on the rich internet application landscape.
I'm also a contributor to the Adobe AIR developer center, as well as maintaining my own blog, at DavidTucker.net, where I focus on AIR-related projects. Now I hope that you're as excited about the possibilities with AIR as I am.
Learning Internet Explorer 678,636 Views
Design the Web: Pie Charts with CSS26,470 Views
Painter 11 Essential Training379,385 Views
Up and Running with Fitbit8,140 Views
Mac OS X Server 10.6 Snow Leopard: DNS and Network Services86,233 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,676,368 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery301,789 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced391,623 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training1,023,003 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training630,358 Views