Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more Developer and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Controlling adaptable tablet layouts
- Controlling view hierarchy
- Using 16-bit and 32-bit render modes
- Using the Date Picker, Scroller, and List components
- Adding a splash screen to a mobile app
- Using native extensions for iOS and Android
- Testing with FlexUnit on Wi-Fi
- Packaging the application for release
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm James Talbot and I'd like to welcome you to Flex 4.6 and AIR 3.0 New Features For Mobile Apps. We'll examine all of the new components designed for tablet development as well as how to use and build native extensions to expand the capabilities of our applications. We'll also use the new captive run time on Android as well as run Flex Unit tests directly inside of the flash builder 4.6 integrated development environment. So let's learn how to build mobile and desktop applications that incorporate usability and performance for the latest devices with Flex 4.6 and AIR 3.0, New Features For Mobile Apps.