- View Offline
- Explaining runtime applications
- Installing and using the Adobe AIR 2 SDK
- Compiling a project in Flash Builder
- Packaging an AIR application in Flash Professional
- Converting a Flex project to an AIR project
- Creating application windows
- Moving and copying files across the operating system
- Opening files in default applications
- Displaying HTML content
- Interacting with other AIR applications
- Using the built-in database
- Securing applications
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi. I'm James Talbot, and welcome to AIR 2 with Flash and Flex Essential Training. In this course, I'll be showing you how to develop cross-platform desktop applications for Adobe AIR 2.0. I'll walk you through prototyping an AIR application with Flash Catalyst. We'll talk about how to package and deploy applications, including digitally signing and installing them right on the end user's machine. We'll also talk about using system windows, and we'll examine how to create application windows on multiple platforms, and we'll even display HTML content right in Adobe AIR 2.0.
We'll implement AIR security, and we'll talk about how to encrypt and lock down that database. I love working with AIR, and I'm thrilled to be able to share my knowledge, tips, and tricks with you. So, let's roll up our sleeves and explore AIR 2 with Flash and Flex.