Join Tim Grey for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the quick navigation feature, part of Performance Tuning the Canon 7D Mark II.
- You've probably already gotten started,…at least with the basics of navigating among the menu…on the back of your camera.…And there are many menu options available to you.…But there are also a couple of additional features…on the 7D Mark II that can make navigating among the menus…a little bit easier.…Let's take a look first at the basics of menu navigation.…I'll press the Menu button on the back of the camera…to bring up the menu.…And then, you'll see that we have several sections,…categories essentially, of settings…that relate to the camera function and operations.…
And each of those categories has individual pages,…lots and lots of pages of different settings…that you can use when setting up your camera.…If we use the smaller dial on top of the camera,…we can move page by page,…so here are the capture settings, for example.…Once I get to the last page there,…then we'll move on to the autofocus settings and onward.…When I'm on a particular page of settings,…I can use the large wheel on the back of the camera…
The Canon 7D Mark II is photographer Tim Grey's favorite camera for his own work. In this course, he demonstrates a set of customization strategies aimed at making your camera far more responsive. Learn how to adjust the size and quality of RAW and JPEG capture, add metadata such as copyright and geolocation data in-camera, set up custom exposure modes, and create time lapses by using the built-in intervalometer.
- Adjusting RAW mode options
- Setting copyright metadata
- Configuring back-button autofocus
- Configuring custom modes
- Working with the built-in flash and intervalometer