Learn the key features and controls of your Canon 6D digital SLR, from exposure adjustments to shooting video.
- The Canon 6D is a great camera that brings many pro-level features to a wider audience. In fact, this is the easiest and most affordable way to get into full frame shooting with a Canon. The body offers a compact size, professional controls and a high quality sensor that really make for a great combination. Hi, my name's Rich Harrington and I'd like to welcome you to this course where we'll explore all of the essential controls so you can get up and running with a Canon 6D camera. It's important that you understand your gear if you want to consistently make great photos.
Sure, you can put the camera into auto mode and trust that you can get pretty good shots from a technical point of view most of the time, but there are lots of shooting situations that can confuse a camera, such as mixed lighting, a fast moving subject or low overall lighting levels. Knowing how to adjust your camera helps you get the best results. In this course, we'll explore the most critical features of your Canon 6D. We'll get to know the features that any beginning to intermediate shooter need to know. You'll learn about different shooting modes offered by the camera, as well as how to shoot bracketed photos and video.
Most importantly, you'll learn how to adjust essential camera settings for specific situations to get the best exposure and focus. Now, this class is not a photography course. We won't be going into deep detail on theory or composition. You can find plenty of courses to explore in the lynda.com library to help you out there. What we will cover is a detailed look at the Canon 6D. This class will help you learn how to use your camera and it's many settings. So, go get your camera and keep it close by so you can get your hands on as we explore it's many features and controls.
- Taking shots in Auto mode
- Using special scene modes
- Changing image format and size
- Changing ISO
- Adjusting exposure compensation in Program Exposure mode
- Focusing manually or with autofocus
- Changing the shutter release mode
- Adjusting exposure in the 6D
- Shooting video