Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use this course, part of Learning the Canon 6D.
In this course, we'll explore some of the craft skills of photography. Specifically, you'll learn how to use your particular camera. Think of this as the button-pushing skills that will help you know how to configure your camera for particular types of light. You'll also learn how to adjust exposure, and capture motion. In this course, I'll assume you have a basic knowledge of key photographic terms. We'll also put up graphics any time there's a related course that will help you go deeper into the theory that's being discussed.
This course assumes that you know nothing about your camera. I'm teaching you from the assumption that you just pulled the camera out of the box, and that you want to get shooting as quickly as possible. With that in mind, let's begin.
- Taking shots in Auto mode
- Using special scene modes
- Changing image format and size
- Changing ISO
- Adjusting exposure compensation in Program Exposure mode
- Focusing manually or with autofocus
- Changing the shutter release mode
- Adjusting exposure in the 6D
- Shooting video
Skill Level Beginner
1. Quick Start
2. A Closer Look at the Canon 6D
3. Shooting in Program Auto Exposure mode
4. Exploring Autofocus
5. Understanding Shutter-Release Modes
6. Understanding Exposure Controls
7. Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.