Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video The substance toolset, part of 3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray.
- [Instructor] The purpose of this particular video…is to give us a basic introduction…to the various applications that we will be using…throughout the duration of this course…to outport either materials…or material components that we can then use…in an offline renderer of our choice,…in this specific instance, V-Ray for 3ds Max.…First of all, we will be using…the Bitmap2Material 3 application which,…as the name kind of implies, is an application,…or substance archive actually, that has been designed…to take a simple import bitmap, typically a photograph,…and turn that into a fully fledged set…of PBR based material channel outputs.…
In other words, it creates bitmaps…that can be used to drive the various components…of a material in, as we say, our renderer of choice.…Some of the most common output types…it uses are base or diffuse color,…roughness, metal, glossiness, height,…normal, and ambient inclusion…as we say to name just a few.…Now because this is just a substance archive,…one that in the Bitmap2Material standalone application…
- What are substances and why should we use them?
- Choosing your substance workflow mode
- Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
- Loading the Bitmap2Material node into 3ds Max
- Building your material
- Working with substances from Substance Designer
- Working with maps from Substance Designer
- Exporting the map types
- Exporting maps from Substance Painter
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
1. Overview of Substance Based Tools
The substance toolset4m 9s
2. Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
3. Working with Substances from Substance Designer
4. Working with Maps from Substance Designer
5. Exporting Maps from Substance Painter
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.