Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video The render elements UI, part of Rendering for Composites inside 3ds Max.
- Having earlier discussed just what a Render Element is…inside 3ds Max, the useful exercise…at this point in our course…would be to take a look at the Render Element UI…in order to get a basic understanding…of how things work there.…To access that, we will need to be inside…the Render Setup dialog,…and I'm just going to use the F10 key here to open that up.…And take note of the fact that in here,…we have a Render Elements tab.…Now, one important piece of information…that we will need to keep in mind…is the fact that Render Elements…are very much Render Engine specific.…
Now by that, I mean that our choice…of current production Render Engine…will, to a large extent, determine the type…or variety of Render Elements that we have access to.…For instance, in this particular version of our start scene,…I currently have 3ds Max's Scanline Engine…set up as Production Renderer.…And so, if I click on the Add button,…which will open up the Render Element Selection dialog,…you see that we have a list…of Scanline Engine compatible Render Elements,…
- Making a pipeline decision
- Understanding how state sets work
- Using state sets for rendering passes
- Setting element parameters
- Creating a custom matte pass
- Installing Compositor Link
- Outputting rendering footage to After Effects
- Adding post-production effects in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Getting Started with CAT Rigging Tools in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 33m Intermediate
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Render Elements
2. Introduction to State Sets
3. Project - Rendering Our Elements
4. Project - Interoperability with After Effects
5. Project - Post Production in Adobe After Effects
What next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.