In this video, learn about the render elements UI in 3ds Max and its basic workings.
- [Narrator] What we want to take a look at … in this next exercise … is the Render Element-UI … as found in three ds Max 2021. … Just so that we can … take a bit of a walk through … regarding the basic approach … to working with render elements. … The first thing … that we will need to do then … is open up … the render setup dialog. … And if we then come across to the fifth … and final tab, … we can tell … just by the name … that this is where … our render element tools … can be found. … To add a render element … to the working list … for our current scene, … we just need to click … on the add on … which should then bring up … a very comprehensive list … of the V-Ray specific render elements … that are available for use. … Please note though … that we don't see … any of three ds Max's, … standard render elements listed here … as these are incompatible … with the V-Ray render. … Which of course also means … that the opposite is true … in that if I just switch … over to using the Scanline renderer here, …
This course was created by Brian Bradley. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use render elements in 3ds Max
- Output options in V-Ray Next and 3ds Max
- Using state sets for rendering in passes
- Compositing lighting and other beauty pass elements
- Exploring the render elements in depth
- Compositing an animated sequence from start to finish
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
3ds Max and V-Ray: Exterior Lighting and Renderingwith George Maestri1h 35m Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
1. Rendering for Compositing
2. An Introduction to State Sets
3. Working with the Beauty Pass Elements
4. A Deeper Dive into Render Elements
5. Project: Working with an Animated Sequence
6. Compositing in After Effects
Next steps1m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.