Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video A nice little surprise, part of 3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray.
- [Instructor] To finish out our chapter here,…what better way could we conclude than to…highlight a nice little surprise that our…substance package has in store for us,…one that adds even more flexibility to our…substance and 3ds Max based rendering pipeline.…With the material editor open then,…if we double click to load all…power substance parameters, and then take…a look at the substance package browser rollout,…you may or may not have already noticed…here that we do in fact have an…included substance graphs option,…which if I just drop down, shows that with our…substance archive loaded, we actually have access…to both of the graphs that we were working…with inside of Substance Designer,…so both the spec glass old red brick…export option and the metal rough red…brick graph that we converted from.…
Now do be careful not to actually go ahead…and select this here as it will…automatically break some of the…connections on the existing material.…If we hold down the shift key though,…and left click and drag to create…
- What are substances and why should we use them?
- Choosing your substance workflow mode
- Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
- Loading the Bitmap2Material node into 3ds Max
- Building your material
- Working with substances from Substance Designer
- Working with maps from Substance Designer
- Exporting the map types
- Exporting maps from Substance Painter
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
1. Overview of Substance Based Tools
The substance toolset4m 9s
2. Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
3. Working with Substances from Substance Designer
4. Working with Maps from Substance Designer
5. Exporting Maps from Substance Painter
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.