Before we begin to make any adjustments to it, lets give ourselves an overview of the composition that we are going to be working with here. We will do this so as to get clear in our minds just what our end goal is. We will then be in a position to see if the decisions that we are making are taking us closer to, or further away from that.
- [Voiceover] With After Effects set up…and all of our footage imported, we're now ready…to start rebuilding our V-Ray render and of course,…demonstrate how we can make some alterations…or improvements to it as we go.…Although we do of course have the main beauty pass…EX AS that also came out of V-Ray and 3DS Max…and so we may well find that with just a few simple tweaks…such as a color correction,…we're happy to go with these as our final shots.…To take a look at the dolly shot version of those,…let's create a new composition by opening up the…dolly shot sequences folder, and then,…after selecting the Dollyshot_ sequence,…drag and drop that onto the Create New Composition icon…found at the foot of the Project panel.…
If I then go ahead and hit the spacebar so as to cache…and then playback the animation preview,…we can see the fruits of our labors so far.…Now, as we say, with a basic color correction tweak,…we may be happy to use what we have here.…Of course, there's a big part of what we want to demonstrate…
- What is V-Ray RT?
- Using RT as an ActiveShade renderer
- Taking the options further
- Setting up a V-Ray RT project in 3ds Max
- Adding geometry and cameras
- Creating animation with V-Ray RT
- Setting up a particle system and deflectors
- Adding lighting
- Texturing and adding materials
- Adding render elements
- Adjusting render element parameters
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with mental ray in 3ds Maxwith Brian Bradley4h 7m Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray RT
2. Project—Setting Up the Scene
3. Project—Creating Animation
4. Project—Setting up the Lighting
5. Project—Working with Materials
6. Project—Working with V-Ray RT & Render Elements
7. Project—Compositing in After Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.