Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video What's next?, part of 3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray.
- [Instructor] Having made it to the end…of our 3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray Workflows course,…we are possibly wondering what else can we do…in order to improve our skills as a render artist.…Well, of course Lynda.com itself has lots to offer…in the way of lighting and rendering courses…that will most certainly help us improve in that area.…We can easily find these using either…the Library drop-down menu, or we can search…using any one of a number of keywords, such as, rendering,…in the sites search function.…
On top of that, V-Ray users can also take advantage of…Chaos Group's excellent support forums found at…forums.chaosgroup.com.…You will, of course, need to setup an account…in order to access the information found there,…but it is well worth the effort with forums being available…for every flavor of the V-Ray renderer,…not just V-Ray for 3ds Max.…If you just want to take in some of the cool work…that has, and is, being produced using 3ds Max…and render engines like V-Ray in a variety of fields…in the CG industry, then you may want to take a look at…
- What are substances and why should we use them?
- Choosing your substance workflow mode
- Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
- Loading the Bitmap2Material node into 3ds Max
- Building your material
- Working with substances from Substance Designer
- Working with maps from Substance Designer
- Exporting the map types
- Exporting maps from Substance Painter
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
1. Overview of Substance Based Tools
The substance toolset4m 9s
2. Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
3. Working with Substances from Substance Designer
4. Working with Maps from Substance Designer
5. Exporting Maps from Substance Painter
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.