Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video What's next?, part of 3ds Max: Hard Surface Modeling.
- [Tutor] So we have come to the end…of our 3ds Max hard surface modelling basics course.…But as always, there is plenty more…that we can learn right here on lynda.com.…Indeed if we simply perform a search on the site…using modelling as our keyword…and then filter by courses,…we will find a huge range of courses…and modelling types and styles…that will most definitely suit any kind of project…that we may need to work on.…And of course once we've completed…the modelling phase of a project,…the next step is to get everything unwrapped…and UV mapped so it's to be ready for texturing,…lighting, and then ultimately rendering.…
We do that in 3ds Max or even in a game engine…such as Epic's Unreal.…If you need to get up to speed…with the UVW mapping tools in Max,…you may want to check out my mastering UVW mapping…in 3ds Max course,…which covers all of the major mapping tools in Max…and gives you a breakdown on how it is…that they are working.…And if you would prefer to continue on with…more of the basics in terms of modelling itself,…
- Modeling with splines
- Creating a working grid
- Duplicating and welding components
- Extruding complex shapes from components
- Building shapes with primitives
- Applying subdivision creasing
- Box modeling
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
1. Modeling with splines
2. Creating Complex Shapes from Components
3. Building with Primitives
4. Modeling with Edge Cuts
5. Box Modeling
What's next?1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.