Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video What's next?, part of Mastering UVW Mapping in 3ds Max.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Having come to the end of our…Mastering UVW Mapping in 3ds Max course,…I'd like to, first of all, say…thank you very much for taking the time…to work through this material with me,…and I really do hope it has helped you…to get to grips with the UVW mapping tools…available inside the 3ds Max application.…Before we go our separate ways, though,…I would like to share a suggestion or two with you…regarding further areas of study that…could perhaps prove useful in your…artistic learning endeavors, starting as we should,…with the best advice of all, which is…to practice, practice, practice.…
It really does pay dividends when we…take every opportunity that comes our way…to work and experiment with the UVW tools…at our disposal.…Developing a number of small personal projects,…for instance, can be a great way to…experiment with a variety of tools,…without having the kind of deadline pressure…sitting on our shoulders, that is…more often than not a part of our commercial work.…Once we have modeled, and then UVW mapped the objects…
- What are UVW coordinates?
- Understanding UVW space
- Autogenerating coordinates
- Using map channels
- Working with the World XYZ and Object XYZ systems
- Peel and pelt mapping
- Reshaping UV elements
- Relaxing UVs
- Rendering out a UV template
Skill Level Intermediate
Textures and Materials in 3ds Maxwith Steve Nelle7h 44m Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
1. UVW Mapping Basics
2. Digging a little deeper
3. Unwrap UVW Modifier Controls
4. The Edit UVW Interface
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.